So although I loved the colours in the It's a Hoot charm pack I wanted a fabric that I could pick a motif out of to add to the finished quilt and I found this Little Birdie by Ann Kelle. It arrived this morning and is a totally fab match for the It's a Hoot line so I have added two squares of it to the quilt.
Here is one of the lengths stitched together with the soft lime Moda fabric, I've used five squares for two sides and seven for the other two. It will end up being approximately 43 x 43 inches. I've ironed the seams open ready for sewing to the centre piece. Hopefully I will get half an hour to myself this weekend to do this, then I'll probably preoccupy myself with the preparing the name and bird applique for about a week instead of getting on with the actual scary quilting!