Brecon Beacons break


So after the frantic quilting we had a few days away with my mum and son in Brecon.  We stayed at Brynich Cottages which was very lovely and only a couple of miles walk along the canal to Brecon itself. The cottages are run by Becca and Mark and guarded by the very noisy, watchful (and harmless to children they assured me) dog, Ianto. We also got to visit the chickens and spend an hour in the softplay area which is on site. Perfect for when the weather is not perfect. Although apart from the day we went on the mountain railway, the weather was good and the area very beautiful. Mum and I had a chance to chat (strange as it seems, we see each other most days and manage to not really talk because the days seem a bit full on). Cake was eaten and we visited St Marys for coffee where Little E 'appropriated' a couple of wooden cars from the church.  I don't know what the penalty is for stealing from the House of God but not wanting to find out we returned them the next day. I am not sure how religious I am but I do like churches. I particularly liked one of the stained glass windows in St Marys. The colours and light are fantastic.


After our canal walk we even made a 'nature table', with Autumn leaves and pine cones, it lived only briefly before Little E dispersed them about the room. I am a bit obsessed with nature tables on account of having read too many creative parenting books.

I also had time to think about my next project(s), more about those later.

Comments

Popular Posts