Travel photo frame & February Happiness Project

There's no such thing as love; only proof of love.
Jean Cocteau


Sewing has fallen by the wayside since we have been home alone a lot more but finally I completed the travel photo frame for JJ. This has been packaged up with a hand made card by Little E and other 'proofs of love' (Mars bar and creme eggs, essentials!) as per The Happiness Project and posted it off to Crewe in time for Valentine's Day.




In The Happiness Project the February theme is Remember Love and although not all the themes the writer has chosen are right for me, who couldn't demonstrate their appreciation for the people they love a little more often. So I have also started sending JJ daily emails with pictures of what we are up to as I know he is finding it tough being away from us. My normal response to this would be a bit dismissive, its only for a short time, it is hard for us all etc, etc so I am trying to be more understanding. Also I may be needing some brownie points because I have had the carpenter in doing a lot of jobs that JJ hasnt got around to and to be fair when will he find time working away from home for weeks on end.  Some men might appreciate this but it will be an adjustment for JJ.  JJ is a perfectionist, no-one can do it as well as him,  but in another quote borrowed from The Happiness Project

'Don't let perfection be the enemy of the good'

 or more precisely in this case:

 Don't let perfection be the enemy of progress. 

But the principle is the same, sometimes a good job done now is better than a perfect job never done at all. JJ knows I get up to sneaky house re-arranging stuff when he is away.  Over the years he has often come home to a redecorated room presented to him as a fait accompli, he is usually grumpy for a bit and then fine. Sometimes he even grudgingly says it is 'nice' (high praise, believe me). I like to think that at least on some level he is relieved he doesn't have to worry about doing it. And it buys more family time at the weekends in a more orderly home , which can only be a good thing, surely?


Comments

  1. The travel photo frame is lovely. I enjoy making things with felt so thank you for the inspiration!

    I agree, sometimes you do just need to get things done, even if they aren't perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, it was really quick to do. JJ seemed to like it - although I think he finds my need to 'make' things for all occasions both bemusing and irritating!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts