#PinAddicts Challenge No 3: Easter weekend

My plan to make a Kindle cover for Pinaddicts has been abandoned for this month at least and my thoughts turned to the Easter weekend and I decided an Easter egg hunt in my Mothers garden for Little E and Cousin B would be fun.  This was a bit of a last minute plan so all ideas of coming up with anything other than 12 chocolate items to go with the 6 clues I made up on the morning of the hunt went out of the window.  My brother and neice (40 and 28 respectively) freely took the mick out of me over the effort I had gone to as it was and there was an outbreak of schoolboy sniggering over my clue that involved rhyming the word 'bush'. Very juvenile indeed.

Here is my pin - in the end I only printed out the Easter circles mainly because Little E jumped on the printer and it is now defunct (so he can add that to his tally of defunct items which consists of one camera, one laptop and the DVD drive on the PC). Had to grit my teeth a bit at that point and remind myself I was devising a fun activity for the kids and we were GOING TO HAVE FUN COME WHAT MAY. Ahem. Anyway, I digress. Back to the Easter clues.


Here's the clues!
Here are two of the clues, Easter circles added and clues handwritten on the back on account of me no longer owning a working printer (sorry to go on about it).


So the hunt itself only took about 10 minutes but they really enjoyed it. As Little E excitedly proclaimed when he found the first egg (whilst hopping from foot to foot) - 'I've won, I've won!' and Cousin B wanted to rehide the eggs and make us find them again. So smiley, chocolatey faces all round. Hooray!

After the Easter Egg hunt we went home to make some Easter Rice Crispy cakes - don't think I need to reproduce a picture of those but the pin is here. I haven't made these in years but they are as yummy as I remember and so easy to make even I couldn't stuff them up (not even on a bad day!).



Little E was not so keen but kept helping himself to the mini eggs on top leaving me to eat the Crispies bit.  I think I might give Weight Watchers a wide berth this Thursday, although how much damage can you really do in two days? I'll let you know....

Comments

  1. They look yummy! Might have to make some of those. Thanks for linking up. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooh rice crispy cakes, I always make these at Easter! We always have to re-do the Easter egg hunt once it's finished too!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts