Olympics.....

I spotted this lovely window display whilst visiting the relatives down south, as if the Olympic rings in wool were not sufficiently fantastic, they also had an abundance of red, white and blue bunting. Love it. 



We have planned a trip to a Paralympic Horse event at the end of August in Greenwich Park.  Its a stones throw from where my sister lives and as I've got her a ticket too will give her an opportunity to see the changes they have made to the park which she has been up in arms about. I am loving watching the Olympics! My other sister cannot understand the fascination at all, but to me it completely sucks me in and I think most people around me are the same.  It is also completely inspiring, not that at age 41 I can aspire to an Olympic medal (although you never know! The oldest Olympian to win  a medal was a 71 year old Swedish guy in a shooting event), but inpiring in the face of these paragons of  physical perfection, in a 'I really should get my trainers out' kind of way. 

And who knows the impact of seeing this massive event for children, Little E is parroting us watching the events shouting  'Oh no, Oh my god!'  and 'Come on, come on!' and one or two less repeatable phrases...but who knows what he will be in the future. 

The next big event we will get close to  is  when Ironman Wales comes around again and we will shout ourselves hoarse, just like last year.  In fact probably more so as my little brother is participating.....and supporters are important too! Whilst it is the athletes who amaze us with their physical feats, it is the supporters who create the atmosphere and help in some way to spur them on. So come on GB! And come on Little Bro!


Comments

Popular Posts